Saturday, January 23, 2016

By Art collector Richard Nicholson Since retiring a couple of years ago I developed an interest in local Lincolnshire artists. Being a complete novice in the art world I started my research by visiting Art Galleries, reading Sotheby's Art at Auction catalogues and attending local Fine Art auctions. What this taught me was that art can provide everlasting joy irrespective of wealth as long as your purchase is ruled by your heart rather than your head since true passions never fade while fashion can be fickle. I am sure I experience the same joy each day looking at the two Robert Ixer paintings I recently acquired as would a multi-millionaire viewing their latest Turner or Constable. The Ixer paintings are hung in my lounge alongside lesser known local landscape paintings where they echo the uniqueness of the English countryside in a bye gone era. However, I am always drawn to Robert's images which invite you into the landscape"


                                                        Look at the water in this picture it almost moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment